Wrist & Hand Pain
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Pain in your wrist, hand or thumb
- Difficulty grasping objects
- Difficulty putting weight through your wrist
- Burning or tingling pain into your hand
- Instability in your wrist
- “Clicky” wrist
- Ongoing wrist sprains
- Swelling of your wrist or hand
- Post surgical pain
We can help! From sporting injuries to overuse conditions, physiotherapists are experts in the human body and movement.
Common conditions we treat include
- Ligament sprains (Scapho-lunate Instability)
- De Quervains Tenosynovitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Triangular fibro cartilage tear
- Pre and post surgical conditions
Pain in your wrist and hand can be caused by an acute trauma (eg. fall, hit or accident) and ongoing instability in the wrist can be caused by muscle weakness, hence it is important to seek treatment when a sprain occurs. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that commonly occurs during pregnancy.
As each individual is unique, there can be a variety of causes for your wrist and hand pain. Your physiotherapist at Body Rhythm Physiotherapy will carry out a thorough assessment to establish an accurate diagnosis and contributing factors to your condition.
Once a diagnosis is established, we will provide you with the correct advice, education and hands on treatment to assist you in your treatment of your wrist or hand pain.
We offer a range of treatment options depending on your particular complaint and goals, consisting of:
- Muscle/soft tissue therapy – Trigger point release, myofascial release, massage
- Dry needling/Acupuncture
- Joint mobilisation/ manipulation
- Taping and or braces/ splints
- Ergonomic advice
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Rehabilitation, strengthening and education programs