Sport Related Injuries
Performing regular physical activity and exercise has been proven to be extremely important in maintaining good health as well as preventing and managing chronic diseases. Unfortunately injuries can occur while performing exercise or sports. It is essential that injuries sustained during sport are assessed and treated as soon as possible. Seeking treatment early will help with pain, restore normal function, prevent long term complications and return to sport or activity.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Ligament sprains (Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Finger, Neck, Ankle and Knee)
- Muscle strains (Back, Hamstring and Calf)
- Tendon injuries (Gluteal, Patella and Achilles)
- Overuse injuries (‘Shin splints’)
- ‘Corked’ thigh
- Rehabilitation from surgery
- Runners Syndrome
- Jumpers Syndrome
Once a diagnosis is established, we will provide you with the correct advice, education, hands on treatment and a home exercise program to assist you in your treatment of your sports injury.
We offer a range of treatment options depending on your particular complaint and goals, consisting of:
- Muscle/soft tissue therapy – Trigger point release, myofascial release, massage
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Dry needling/Acupuncture
- Joint mobilisation
- Joint manipulation
- Rehabilitation, strengthening and education programs
- Postural improvements or re-training
We have a sports physio practice in Yokine with clients from Joondanna, Balcatta and Tuart Hill. Additionally we provide Beechboro sports injury physio services, Midland physiotherapy and Malaga sports physiotherapy as well as to all adjacent suburbs. And our new clinic in Wattle Grove now provides sports physio services to Forrestfield, Victoria Park and Kalamunda sports physio.