Neck Pain & Headaches
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Pain or a dull ache in the neck
- Sore neck
- Difficulty moving or turning your head when you first wake up
- Stiff neck
- Referred pain to the forehead, eyebrow and behind the eye
- Nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light and/or blurred vision
Common conditions we treat include
- Cervical disc bulge
- Cervical radiculopathy
- Facet joint sprain
- Facet joint hypomobility
- Headaches (cervicogenic, tension, migraine)
- Muscle strain
- Pinched/trapped nerve
- Wry neck (facet or discal)
Acute neck injuries can result from a car accident, fall or sports injury.
Factors such as poor sitting posture, poor sleeping position, stress and incorrect muscle activation are also common causes of neck pain resulting in muscle tightness, joint stiffness and nerve irritation. If left untreated, these symptoms can often worsen.
Your physiotherapist at Body Rhythm Physiotherapy will carry out a thorough assessment to establish an accurate diagnosis for the cause of your neck pain or headaches.
Once a diagnosis is established, we will provide you with the correct advice, education and hands on treatment to assist you in your treatment of your headache.
We offer a range of treatment options depending on your particular complaint, consisting of:
- Postural improvements or re-training
- Muscle/soft tissue therapy – Trigger point release, myofascial release, massage
- Dry needling/Acupuncture
- Joint mobilisation
- Joint manipulation
- Ergonomic advice
- Strengthening and education programs
The above treatment methods will assist you in your recovery and the overall reduction of your neck pain. Often people think neck pain is an unavoidable part of aging but more often than not we can reduce it with physiotherapy!
Call and book an appointment today to relieve your pain at either the Beechboro or Yokine physiotherapy clinic. These locations provide physiotherapy services to suburbs including Yokine as well as Beechboro, Joondanna, Balcatta and Tuart Hill, Swan Valley, Midland and Malaga.